What is the difference between a Financial Advisor and a Financial Planner?
- A financial planner is a professional who helps companies and individuals create a program to meet long-term financial goals.
- Financial advisor is a broader term for those who help manage your money
- Financial advisors are more likely to focus on investment management, while planners take a more comprehensive approach.
- Financial planners usually work to form longer-term relationships with investors than financial advisors do.
- Certified Financial Planners™ (CFPs) are about planning your future and matching your goals to achieve this. We examine cash flow, risk management, tax planning, retirement planning, college planning, investment and estate planning. Investments are only one of the many areas that we deal with.